Monday, April 13, 2009

slowing down...

so basically, as i said during my crit last week. my process has started to slow.
it's starting to feel stale to me.
so i'm experimenting this week.
i just bleached some fabric,
some with stitches
some with out

then i added some coffee stains.

i need to buy new thread.
my spool is almost empty
and the supposed new one is very THIN, not what i usually work with.
it must not be all purpose.

but now i'm thinking about sewing with a darker color and then bleaching it after i've sewn it.

each book can be different RIGHT?

rhetorical question.
but i still don't know the answer yet.
i will once i actually try!

i have been getting a lot of ideas for where to go next with my work in general.
thanks mostly to this book
and tessa!

i'm going to create a whole new map for my printmaking final... and hopefully figure out a way to print on fabric and sew into it!!!

that's another thing i did.
i starched a buttload of fabric to print onto!

but once i get back to the fabric store, either later tonight or tomorrow and get better thread. i think my production level will go right back UP!

fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment