Wednesday, April 22, 2009

roughest of the rough draft

my work is about owning a situation. claiming an experience. by giving this relationship a line i have allowed it to live outside of me. I have both accepted it, lived it, and now am giving it a chance to have its own life. each line will always represent a personal journey for myself, but that does not neglected the viewer. with their fresh eyes and their own beliefs these lines can hopefully create a map within them, either recognizable maybe even plausible.
i can only hope that the viewer finds each line relatable, either to the line that came before it, the day that came before this day, the way in which so much can change, yet stay the same within one years time. that time is permenant, and inpermenant all within the same breath.
my work is about relationships, from small miniscule experience to life changing, irreversible connections.
you can't choose your family,
but can you choose who you meet?
has your path already been choosen for you?
or are you creating it with each step you take?
these are questions i've asked myself and have begun to question by chronicling my most recent trajectory.

No comments:

Post a Comment